“Photography is the only language that can be understood anywhere in the world.” – Bruno Barbey
Hola! I am Rekha. Welcome to my blog.
I wasn’t one of those who was given a camera at the age of five and fell in love with photography. It all started six years ago, when I was gifted a camera on my birthday and since then, there is no looking back. Photography is one of my hobbies. I love to travel and visit places that boasts of beautiful scenery, nature or architecture. So, most of the photographs that I post in this blog are either nature or architecture by genre.
I am an engineer by qualification. When I was diagnosed with a rare medical condition, my whole world fell apart??.. No! I found a friend in photography. During the course of my recovery, my camera was my best friend and we as a “team” were unstoppable. Of course the story of health going bad is now history but the friendship with my camera is still going strong.
My camera bag consists of Nikon D3200 with 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm zoom lens.
I have a lot of hobbies. Well… I do mean it when I say A LOT : Painting – oil on canvas; Philately; Reading – fiction, non fiction, blogs and various articles in the area of science; Arts and Crafts – stitching, pot-painting, etc; Gardening; play guitar (sometimes). And, last but not the least, Photography! If binge-watching movies and TV series count as a hobby, then that goes in the list too. Does shop-till-you-drop count as a hobby?? 😉
Few random things:
- I do not believe in zodiac signs or astrology. But, if you really want to know my sun sign, its Aries.
- I can turn a serious situation into a funny one and a funny one into a … (fill in the blanks. 10 marks for right answer)
- I do not believe that there is life on Venus or Mars and but I know a few who think that men are from Mars and women are from Venus!
- This is my second blog. My first blog went supercalifragistically well; I did get a very good response but it was like a hot-pot. Travel,photo challenges, writing and some weird genres that are yet to be named… So, I decided to come up with a new blog dedicated to photography.
- I am an Ambivert. I adjust well those who are on the same wavelength as mine (400-700nm).
- In Maori language, Whakaahua means to illustrate, express or photograph. Hence, the blog name.
So what will you find in this blog? Photography and art – oil on canvas, random doodling, fiction, poetry, some random ramblings and everything else under the sun!
Unless and otherwise mentioned, all photographs on this blog are copyright of mine. If you want to use any, do let me know before you do so.
I hope you had fun reading all the chitter-chatter from above. Thank you for reading this page.