“Photography is the only language that can be understood anywhere in the world.” – Bruno Barbey
Hola! I am Rekha. Welcome to my blog.
I wasn’t one of those who was given a camera at the age of five and fell in love with photography. It all started six years ago, when I was gifted a camera on my birthday and since then, there is no looking back. Photography is one of my hobbies. I love to travel and visit places that boasts of beautiful scenery, nature or architecture. So, most of the photographs that I post in this blog are either nature or architecture by genre.
I am an engineer by qualification. I had to quit my job two years ago as my dentist damaged one of my facial nerves during a wisdom tooth removal and it led to a partial facial paralysis. Ever since then, photography took a major space in my life as I had to keep myself busy and not think about the hardship that I was going through.
My camera bag consists of Nikon 3200D with 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm zoom lens.
I have a lot of hobbies. Well… I do mean it when I say A LOT : Painting – oil on canvas; Philately; Reading – fiction, non fiction, blogs and various articles in the area of science; Arts and Crafts – stitching, pot-painting, etc; Gardening; play guitar (sometimes). And, last but not the least, Photography! If binge-watching movies and TV series count as a hobby, then that goes in the list too. Does shop-till-you-drop count as a hobby?? 😉
Few random things:
- I do not believe in zodiac signs or astrology. But, if you really want to know my sun sign, its Aries.
- I can turn a serious situation into a funny one and a funny one into a … (fill in the blanks. 10 marks for right answer)
- I do not believe that there is life on Venus or Mars and but I know a few who think that men are from Mars and women are from Venus!
- This is my second blog. My first blog went supercalifragistically well; I did get a very good response but it was like a hot-pot. Travel,photo challenges, writing and some weird genres that are yet to be named… So, I decided to come up with a new blog dedicated to photography.
- I am an Ambivert. I adjust well those who are on the same wavelength as mine (400-700nm).
- In Maori language, Whakaahua means to illustrate, express or photograph. Hence, the blog name.
I do a bit of writing too. If you are interested then please have a look at my other blog – supercalifragististicexpialidocious
Unless and otherwise mentioned, all photographs on this blog are copyright of mine. If you want to use any, do let me know before you do so.
I hope you had fun reading all the chitter-chatter from above. Thank you for reading this page.